Warranty Terms and Conditions Summary.
Please be aware that this is an informal summary of some of the Warranty Terms and Conditions and thus is not necessarily a detailed representation of them. Please see the Warranty Terms and Conditions for more detail.
This is a warranty against possible manufacturing defects for electric bicycles, electric tricycles, electric scooters, electric mobility scooters and other similar products sold by Chituma Australia Pty Ltd. The warranty periods are:
- 2 years for the frame. Note that forks are not part of frame.
- 1 year for the electric parts. Note that this excludes misuse/abuse and water damage – for example, riding through the surf or rain.
- 3 months if the product is used commercially.
In general, it is the customer’s responsibility to return and redeliver the item. The warranty is only valid for the original purchaser and an invoice or other suitable proof of purchase must be produced.
There can be confusion as to what kind of items are covered by warranty. Here are some common examples of items which are not covered by the warranty:
- Minor scratches, marks or imperfections which do not significantly impact the performance and safety of the
- Damage due to external causes – for example, damage by negligent use incorrect use and tampering with the battery pack, damage by traffic accidents and damage during any transportation. In the event that a product is damaged in transit, please report it within 3 days of receiving and we will work with you on a solution.
- Damage due to normal wear and tear or maintenance. Items which normally wear are not covered – these include tyres, tubes, brakes, brake pads, wheel spokes, derailleur tuning, gear adjustments, bottom bracket tightening and handlebar adjustments.
- If the bike doesn’t reach top speed, this is not covered by warranty. Likewise, if the distance per charge is not as advertised, this is also not covered by warranty as the advertised values are only estimates. In addition to that, batteries lose capacity naturally.
- Poor maintenance and any modifications to the product or components.
- Noise, e.g. squeaking noise or vibration noise.
- Variations between products of identical models. For example, when the speed on low, medium and high pedal assist varies, or when the power output varies. Chituma Australia Pty Ltd does not guarantee that the performance of two identical models is exactly the same – there will always be some natural variations.
Warranty Terms and Conditions
This warranty is provided by:
Chituma Australia Pty Ltd
Ph: 1300 681 112
Email: [email protected]
For all warranty and product support we can be contacted through any of the above methods.
Subject to the terms and conditions set out below, Chituma Australia Pty Ltd agrees to repair or replace the product which it supplied to you at its own cost, in circumstances where the Product does not perform in accordance with Chituma Australia Pty Ltd’s specifications during: the Warranty period of 12 months for manufacturer faults of motor and 12 months for manufacturer faults of battery and 24 months for manufacturer faults of the frame. Under commercial use, the warranty period is for 3 months.
- The Warranty period commences on the date of purchase.
- The warranties and product support that we offer and provide pursuant to our Terms and Conditions are in addition to the consumer warranties and guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law.
- We make no representations or warranty in relation to the existence, non-existence, validity, availability, terms or conditions of any other warranties or product support that may or may not be offered or provided by the manufacturer of the Product.
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- Insofar as they apply to warranties relating to Chituma Australia Pty Ltd Products supplied by Chituma Australia Pty Ltd, these Warranty Terms and Conditions are governed by and must be construed according to the law of the State of Victoria, Australia and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in that State.
- Responsibilities and Rights
- Proof of purchase (in the form of a receipt, invoice or paid order confirmation) must be provided when requesting service under the Warranty.
- Where Products are already faulty or damaged upon delivery, photographic evidence of the damage must be submitted to Chituma Australia Pty Ltd via email or as otherwise directed before the Product will be repaired or replaced in accordance with these terms.
- Chituma Australia Pty Ltd requires any customer requesting service under the Warranty to comply with directions from Chituma Australia Pty Ltd staff in relation to troubleshooting any issue and facilitating any repair or replacement under these Warranty Terms and Conditions. Any repair service under warranty must be approved by Chituma Australia Pty Ltd. If a customer decides to perform repairs on a product without Chituma Australia Pty Ltd’s approval, Chituma Australia Pty Ltd will under no circumstances be liable to pay for the cost of such unauthorized repair services.
- Where Chituma Australia Pty Ltd authorises warranty service of a Product, the Customer will organise for our authorised courier to pick up the Product during business hours (between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday) and deliver it to the appropriate authorised repair centre, provided that the Product is safely and securely packaged for safe transport. In this situation the Customer will cover the cost of transport of the serviced Product to and from the Customer. Alternatively, the Customer may take the Product to the appropriate repair centre for service if Chituma Australia Pty Ltd specifically authorises the Customer in writing to do so. Alternately, the Customer may post the Product as directed by Chituma Australia Pty Ltd if Chituma Australia Pty Ltd specifically authorises the Customer in writing to do so. Where the Customer is located outside Australia, Chituma Australia Pty Ltd may require that the Product be sent to Australia, as directed by Chituma Australia Pty Ltd. The Customer is responsible to inspect all goods received from Chituma Australia Pty Ltd upon arrival. In instances where goods have been damaged in transit, the Customer must report this to Chituma Australia Pty Ltd within 3 days of receipt of the product. Failure to report physical damage on arrival within 3 days of receipt may result in denial of warranty for physical damage.
- Chituma Australia Pty Ltd reserves the right to determine which authorised repair centre is the appropriate service location in any particular circumstance.
- The Product will be at the Customer’s risk while in transit to and from the Chituma Australia Pty Ltd Authorised Repair Centre.
- Chituma Australia Pty Ltd reserves the right to replace the Product or relevant part with the same or equivalent Product or part, rather than repair it. Where a replacement is provided, Chituma Australia Pty Ltd reserves the right to replace the Product or relevant part with the same or equivalent Product or part, rather than repair it. Where a replacement is provided, Chituma Australia Pty Ltd will determine, in its discretion, the closest Product within the then current range of Products offered by Chituma Australia Pty Ltd with which to replace the faulty or damaged Product. The replacement Product may differ with the replaced Product in size and specifications, at the reasonable election of Chituma Australia Pty Ltd. Chituma Australia Pty Ltd may replace parts with refurbished parts. Replacement of the Product or a part under the Warranty does not extend or restart the Warranty period.
- If Chituma Australia Pty Ltd is unable to repair or replace the Product, the customer will be refunded the price of the Product (at Chituma Australia Pty Ltd’s election). This refund will be for the amount of the purchase price of the Product excluding the associated Delivery Cost.
- Chituma Australia Pty Ltd may seek reimbursement of any costs incurred by Us where the Product is found to be in good working order, or when it has been determined that the Warranty does not apply as per section 3.
- Chituma Australia Pty Ltd reserves reasonable discretion to determine whether any Product is or is not performing in accordance with the Chituma Australia Pty Ltd’s specifications, subject to applicable law.
- The Warranty is not transferrable to a new owner of a Product originally purchased from Chituma Australia Pty Ltd.
- The Warranty will be voided if the Product is modified.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the Warranty will not apply in respect of a Product: If the Product has not been installed, operated, maintained or used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions or specifications provided with the Product; If the factory-applied serial number has been altered or removed from the Product; Which has suffered damage, malfunction or failure resulting from alterations, any alterations (hardware or software), accident, misuse, abuse, fire, liquid spillage, mis-adjustment of customer controls, use on an incorrect voltage, power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, force majeure, voltage supply problems, tampering or unauthorised repairs by any persons, use of defective or incompatible accessories, the operation of a computer virus of any kind, exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions or entry by any insect, vermin or foreign object in the Product; To damage arising during transportation, installation or while moving the Product, or to any transportation costs of the Product or any parts thereof to and from the Customer, unless otherwise specified in these Warranty Terms and Conditions; To any third-party software or hardware not contained in the Product as originally configured by the manufacturer; To any incidence of defective pixels (i.e. dead or stuck pixels) that arise for Digital Products; To any failure, to the extent that the failure is not a failure of the Product to perform in accordance with its specifications; To replacement or repair of any consumables (including cables), or lost parts or accessories; To service and support of any software operating system or application installed on any Product, except to assist in restoring the Product to its factory default settings; or To service of any product whilst it is outside Australia.
- To the full extent permitted by law: Chituma Australia Pty Ltd will not be liable for any loss, damage or alterations to third party hardware, software, programs, data and/or information stored on any media or any part of the Product, no matter how occurring; or for any loss or damage arising from loss of use, loss of profits or revenue, or for any resulting indirect or consequential loss or damage. Chituma Australia Pty Ltd’s aggregate liability in respect of all claims under the Warranty shall not exceed the original purchase price of the Product or, at Chituma Australia Pty Ltd’s option, replacement of the Product with a like or similar Product. Chituma Australia Pty Ltd excludes all other warranties, conditions, terms, representations and undertakings whether express or implied.
- With respect to the Lithium Battery Warranty Period of 12 months, it is warranted that the battery retains 80% of capacity after 12 months.